Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The lottery

This story I would call The Lottery since the whole story is actually about a lottery and the winner/loser gets stoned to the death.

I thought originally would happen was that Tessie would have to leave. I thought this because at he end of the story it says
"and there was a stir in the crowd" p.g 301
I guess I felt kinda tense because I thought that lottery was a good thing but it turned to be something that wasn't so good but I also nervous. I was very tempted to find out what happens at the end. But I didn't open my paper until 5:00
Honestly when the paper was handed to me I felt like it was gonna be something random that we had to do. But now that I see it. It gives me the end of the story, and now I am following the directions by writing this blog.
I felt very nervous about the black box and the black spot, because I didn't know what it meant and I had a black spot on my mystery paper so I was very curious and nervous about what it meant.
I felt kind of surprised because as it said there was a stir in the crowd I instantly knew that the lottery was something bad, because I thought it was some thing good.

No my predictions were not correct because I said I thought the person would have to leave the village but it turned out that they get killed. I felt very surprised.

Maybe if they detailed the black box and the black spot a little better, my prediction would of been better, because as said I was very surprised.

I think the author wanted to make us nervous and tense because at the end you can tell that something not right, which leaves people with a big question mark.

The void in this story is very powerful because it is very unexpected what happens at the end. So it makes you nervous to not know whats going on because you know something not right, which makes you very nervous.

No comments: